This is an old revision of the document!
On some computers with Windows 8.1 the programm fails to start and windows return “unknown error”.
We are working to overcome this issue. What you can try before telling us (check each single step, often is enough the first or the second)
1. Check for Windows updates and install these
2. Install again the redistributables on your machine Visual C++ Redistributable Packages für Visual Studio 2013
3. Set the programm to run in compability modus (Right mouse button →Panel “Compability” → Start Programm in compability modus as Windows 8 or Windows 7
4. If nothing helps - you are not allown, you can see application fails to start after 8.1 upgrade
or A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed.
1. Consider installing Windows 7, in normal case it works on your machine
2. Install again the redistributables on your machine Visual C++ Redistributable Packages für Visual Studio 2013 - the X86!!
3. Ask us for the special XP version - in this case you need This redistrubitable package from Microsoft